Data Consultant NO-A, Job Vacancy at Unicef, Abuja
Job no: 504732
Work type: Consultancy
Categories: Communication for Development (C4D)
Background/Purpose of Assignment
UNICEF Nigeria supports Polio Eradication activities by providing leadership role in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of communication and social mobilization component of the programme in close coordination with key partners. The UNICEF program has established Volunteer Community Mobilization (VCM) Network in the high polio priority states in northern Nigeria, mainly to mobilize communities to vaccinate for polio as well as to improve routine immunization coverage and utilization. UNICEF Nigeria seeks the services of an experienced Data Consultant who will be responsible for providing the required support to the polio communication team, Hard to Reach team and state Emergency Operations Centre (EOC), when necessary.
Major Tasks to be accomplished:
- Perform routine data collection, cleaning, quality checks, analysis and feedback of datasets on service delivery by Hard to Reach teams across the implementing states
- Daily tracking of settlement visits by Hard to Reach teams through data received from ODK check-in and check-out forms
- Provide data inputs for Donor reports as required by the indicators stipulated on the Performance Management Framework
- Develop ODK forms and configure onto smartphones for mobile based reporting
- Conduct geo-spatial analysis form GPS coordinates for detailed, community specific programme implementation analysis and feedback
- Interact, if necessary, with the National Emergency Operation Centre and National Communication working group, WHO Data Officers, STOP Teams, SIA Teams, and UNICEF’s Social Mobilization consultants/personnel for in-depth collection and analysis of polio and routine immunization Data
- Manage smartphone reporting, trouble shooting, download data and conduct periodic data analysis including fortnightly/monthly performance management data, activity performance monitoring data, polio campaign data, in-between round activity data, routine immunization data, etc.
- Perform capacity building of field data collectors for improved source data.
- Conduct quality checks on the data, perform analysis of implementation progress across different initiatives (by pulling reports and analyzing trends and progress made), support in designing decision-making tools for National Communication Team Lead/EOC (using the database and platform to create data visualizations), and maintaining communication of achievement (or lack thereof) with the Senior Staff.
- Conduct regular field based data quality reviews, guide field teams in maintaining data registers and compiling registersExpected Output:
- Data Consultant must submit a detailed work plan to his/her supervisor at the beginning of the contract period for the entire contract period.
- Supervisors will have the flexibility to review with the Data Consultant as needed on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- A monthly progress report should be provided by the consultant to his/her supervisor for payment of consultant’s fees.
- A detailed assignment report will be required at the end of the current contract.
- Monthly workplan and narrative report
- Conduct on site data review visits
- Submit monthly individual activity report
- Submit monthly update of functionality of reporting devices
- Prepare feedback and relevant data related action plan to be presented at the monthly state team internal meeting.
Qualifications or specialized knowledge/experience required:
- University degree in social/behavioural sciences, economics, statistics, international development, public policy, with special focus or experience in data management and monitoring and evaluation, epidemiology, public health or other related field, or First University degree with three additional years of related work experience.
- Minimum three years of progressive work experience in data management, monitoring, and evaluation activities, with practical experience in data supervision, performance management skills/experience, skills in handling large datasets.
- Fluency in English Knowledge of local working language of the duty station an asset.
Required Technical Knowledge
- Strong analytical background and experience, including analysis and triangulation of qualitative and quantitative data, primary and secondary datasets;
- Excellent skills in using different date management and presentation software (Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint Presentations, etc.,). Experience with web-based applications is desired.
- Willingness to learn new analytical skills and reporting tools
- Skills in using different data visualization tools is a plus
- Knowledge of GIS software, and open data kit or any other relevant technology platforms for data collection and analysis.
- Good understanding of Polio or routine immunization programmes
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of the local language of the duty station an asset.
- Knowledge of United Nations or other international organizations.
Estimated time of consultancy and deadline for submission of end product:
The position is initially for 8 months but may be extended based on performance, availability of funds and need for the position
Advertised: W. Central Africa Standard Time
Applications close: W. Central Africa Standard Time
Your opinion about this post is appreciated? Please make it in the comment below.
Never miss on latest info about Nigeria and Nigerians. Subscribe Now!