BBC Women Affairs Journalist Job Vacancy, Lagos, Nigeria
Job Reference – BBC/TP/788768/22143
Contract Type Permanent – Full Time
Closing – Date 03 July, 2017
Job Category – Journalism
The BBCs Africa Hub is looking for a creative journalist aware of the emerging and unreported stories about African women.
We have an exciting opportunity to create new forms of digital storytelling and journalism that reaches 111 million people in Africa. As a Women Affairs Journalist you will join a new multi-disciplinary digital team in Lagos made up of news gatherers, data journalists, software developers and social media specialists who will be working with journalists working across 12 language services (English, Amharic , Tigrinya, Afaan Oromo, Swahili, Somali, French, Great Lakes , Pidgin, Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa)
BBC Africa aims to make, explain and connect African and global stories by providing a unique insight into the main stories of the day in original formats. The African service digital offer consists of websites, mobile sites and Social Media with all services providing multimedia content in text, video, interactive and audio for radio, online, TV, mobile and social media platforms.
For Prompt Job Vacancies Alert, Subscribe Now!!!
- To generate, research, produce and edit multi-media journalistic pieces aimed at BBC Africas female audience.
- To suggest ideas about new ways of engaging the female audience; and to put these ideas into practice.
- To identify compelling digital and TV content and translate into a form suitable for our multiple platforms
- To think of creative video/digital treatments for some content
- To present or report live for across digital platforms , TV and radio by providing up to date with the news agenda in the region and understand how its playing out in social spaces.
- To participate in short- and long-term planning, offer new ideas and to suggest new angles on existing stories and to put forward stories not yet covered.
- To produce and develop womens blogging network within the Africa
- To work across platforms (online, social media, TV etc.) and ensure that the female agenda is covered across all of the Services output, in a relevant and engaging manner, in adherence to the BBCs editorial guidelines
Check here for Application
Best of luck!!!
You can check below for more job vacancy opportunities: