BBC Igbo Broadcast Journalist (video) Job Vacancy, Laogs, Nigeria
Job Reference BBC/TP/788768/22133
Contract Type Permanent – Full Time
Closing Date 03 July, 2017
Job Category Journalism
Business Unit News: W2020
Location Lagos, Nigeria
The BBC World Service is embarking on an exciting journey with unprecedented investment in digital content for Africa and your role will be critical to us in meeting our ambitions.
At the BBC, we believe our mission is to inform, educate and connect the audiences from Africa to the rest of the world. BBC Igbo digital service aims to deliver our journalism in a lively and engaging fashion, with a focus on interactivity and the promotion of content on social media and across all platforms. As one of our video journalist you’ll have a crucial role in leading our engagement with the audience. By joining BBC Igbo, you’ll be a part of the new team including Yoruba and PIdgin, will serve our audiences in Nigeria and West Africa. They will be based in Lagos, working alongside our operation in Abuja from where the BBC currently produces its Hausa service output. There is a strong emphasis on reaching and connecting with young audiences.
For Prompt Job Vacancies Alert, Subscribe Now!!!
- Work with other members of the Igbo and Nigeria team, and the wider BBC Africa newsroom, to identify and produce creative and innovative video news content.
- To originate innovative formats for BBC Igbo social media posts best suited for each social network, including Facebook and Instagram and optimize these formats using social analytics and then champion the use of successful formats across the team.
- Re-version BBC material with a mobile audience in mind.
- To create multimedia content for publication on social media and the BBC Igbo mobile audiences, as appropriate and to the required specification whilst maintaining professional journalistic standards of accuracy, impartiality and adhering to the BBC’s Editorial guidelines.
- Research, storyboard and produce stories.
- Create headlines and video teasers to promote our stories and reach to as wide an audience as possible.
- To show visual creativity in the use of pictures and graphics to illustrate and explain fast-moving events and complex stories.
Best of luck!!!
You can check below for more job vacancy opportunities: