Great Nigerian Companies and Businesses Owned and Managed by Lebanese
While Nigerians are complaining about the country not conducive enough for successful business nurture. See great Nigerian firms and businesses that are founded and managed successfully by Lebanese.
Chagoury Group: is a multinational conglomerate with headquater in Lagos, Nigeria. The group was founded by Gilbert Ramez Chagoury (Co-founder and Chairman) and Ronald Chagoury (Co-founder and CEO). The business organization comprises of the following companies:
- Eko Atlantic: is a real estate company in charge of the construction of Nigeria International Commerce City, located in Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria. It was founded in 2003 and incorporated in 2014 by Nigeria Export Processing Zones Authority (NEPZA).
- Ocean Parade Towers: another real estate company from Chagoury Group at Banana Island, Lagos. The estate is equipped with facilities such as extensive gardens, swimming pool, health club, squash courts and tennis courts.
- Fleetwood Transportation: was founded in 1989 with head office in Lagos state. It is one of the top ten haulage companies in Nigeria. The company is a member of the Nigerian Association of Road Transport Owners (NARTO).
- Eko Hotel & Suites: the company opened in 1977. It is located at Plot 1415 Adetokunbo Ademola Street, PMB 12724, Victoria Island, Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria. The hotel has 825 rooms and suites and 8 restaurants.
- Hotel Presidential: is the leading quality hotel in Port Harcourt and a long-standing component of the Chagoury Group of companies. It is five-star with 261 functionally equipped rooms and 44 spacious suites including presidential and luxury suites.
- Courdeau Catering Nigeria Limited: was established to provide for the specialised catering needs of multinational companies operating in Nigeria. It is registered with the NNPC as an Oil Service Contractor. The firm was founded in Port Harcourt. Currently, it operates at 14 locations around Nigeria, including Port Harcourt, Eket, Abuja and Warri.
- C & C Construction: was founded in 1979 to meet the growing requirements of the Chagoury Group herself. Ever since, it has grown to be one of the leading construction and civil engineering firm in Nigeria
- ITB Nigeria Limited: is firm of Chagoury Group. It is a civil engineering and construction company with focus majorly on construction of high quality residential and industrial buildings. The company is also manufacturing of pilings and provision of electro-mechanical services and products.
- Hitech Construction: was founded, in 1988. The firm is now one of Nigeria’s best civil engineering companies. Hitech majors in civil engineering and general infrastructure projects including water supply, road works, dredging, street lighting, marine installations, drainage systems, earthworks, bridges, dams, asphalt overlay, railways and irrigation schemes.
- Ideal Eagle Hospital: was established in 1991 and located in Lagos. The main objective of the medical center is giving high quality health care to employees of the Chagoury Group of companies.
- Port Harcourt Flour Mills: is originally and jointly owned by The Rivers State and the Bayelsa State governments. The operation of the mill was taken over by the Chagoury Group.
- Ideal Flour Mill: was established in 1979 at Kaduna.
- Nigerian Eagle Flour Mill: was founded in 1979 but began operation in 1982. It is the largest Flour Mill in Oyo State.
- Niger Delta Flour Mills Limited: was taken over by Chagoury Group in 2001. It is about 18km from Onitsha on the Onitsh-Enugu Expressway.
- Tin Can Island: was built in 1981. It is an arm of the Chagouy Group to service the growing demands of its flour mills. It main business is to serve commodities arriving Nigeria to both Ideal Flour Mills in Kaduna and Nigerian Eagle Flour Mills in Ibadan.
- Ragolis Waters: was established in 1981 by Chagoury Group and in partnership with Societe Des Eaux De Volvic, the French mineral water company. The firm’s main product is Ragolis Natural Spring Water.
- Glassforce: was founded in 2002. It is the most advanced bottling manufacturing plant in Nigeria. The major client of the glass manufacturing firm is Nigerian breweries. The plant is located at Aba, Nigeria.
- Pirotech: was founded in 2004 by the Chagoury Group. It located at 64 Lagos Road, Ikorodu, Lagos State. It is one of the biggest makers of plastic bottles in Nigeria. Pirotech makes P.E.T. plastic bottles.
- Silhouette: is another trailblazing investment by the Chagoury Group. It is furniture manufacture and located in Port Harcourt.
Aim Group: is a conglomerate of Nigerian national firms established in 1979. The group’s headquarter is at Plot 267A, Etim Inyang Crescent, Victoria Island Annex, Lagos with offices spread across Nigeria. The group is headed by Arc Mrs. Saada Elias Moussalli. Here are the firms under the control of Aim Group:
- AIM Consultants Ltd, AIM Architects & Engineers Consultants Ltd and AIM Integrated & Architects Consultants Ltd: started operations in Lagos in 1979, 1980 and 2009, respectively, with common primary goals of planning and designing for the built environment and harnessing of natural resources.All the AIM Consultancy have been rendering services in Urban and Regional Planning; Architecture, Interior Design; Landscaping; Quantity Surveying; Project Management and Engineering.
- Cool FM: is a 24-hour family entertainment radio. It was launched on October 1, 1998; broadcasting at 96.9 FM in Lagos; 95.9 FM Port-Harcourt; 96.9 FM Kano and 96.9 FM Abuja.
- CooL Link Information Technology: commenced operation in 2001. Its headquarter is at Victoria Island, Lagos. The company provides internet via cable and wireless networks. It has offices in Abuja, Kano, Port Harcourt and resellers all over Nigeria. Coollink signed an agreement with Yahsat (a subsidiary of Mubadala, the investment arm of the State Government of the State Government of Abu Dhabi) to promote and sell Yahclick satelite broadband service on a Ka Band which ensures high speed internet penetration in Nigeria.
- Wazobia FM: started operation on Novermber 1, 2007. It is the first all-pidgin English radio station in the world. The station has been dishing out Nigerian, African and general entertainment in pidgin English. Under Wazobia FM are Ogbonge Station of 95.1 FM Lagos, Nakowa Station of 99.5 FM Abuja, Kajad Station of 94.1 FM Port-Harcourt, and Gangariya Station of 95.1 FM Kano.
- Nigeria Info 99.3 FM: started operation on October 1, 2011 in Lagos. It is a Talk Station in Nigeria which focus on topical issues, current affairs, latest news and sports program. Nigeria Info also operates on 92.3 FM Port-Harcourt and 95.1 FM Abuja.
What is your comment about this post? Post it in the “Leave a Reply” section below.
Are there other great Nigerian Lebanese businesses and firms that are not mentioned in this post, please let Nigerians know by mentioning them in the comment.